“Our vision is a world in which no one suffers from leprosy, tuberculosis and other poverty-related diseases and the consequences they bring, such as physical disability and social exclusion.”
• We feel obliged to uphold the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
• We assist and co-operate with people regardless of their ethnic and social origin, their religious and political belief, their sexual identity, age and gender.
• We are an independent non governmental organisation supported by donors, volunteers and staff around the world
• We collaborate with national and international players active in medical and social development co-operation and research. We form strategic alliances to achieve the best possible outcome.
• We finance our work with donations and public funds.
• The entrusted funds enable us to fulfil our statutory duties, both nationally and internationally, in line with the principle of economy and needs-based support.
• We consider ourselves as a link between people who want to help those who need help.
• We are responsible to facilitate the desire of our donors to change lives and provide professional medical and social assistance directly to the people.
• We visualize the connection between disease and poverty so that people act with empathy and solidarity in our ONE world.
The Core of Our Work
• We actively assist on a global scale people suffering from poverty-related diseases.
• We fight leprosy, tuberculosis and other diseases that lead to marginalization, stigmatization and further consequences.
• The heart of our work consists of promoting medical and social projects. We focus on the needs of those with leprosy, tuberculosis and other socially excluding diseases and handicaps.
• As specialists, we support medical and social relief programs that al ow affected individuals to live a life in dignity and become empowered to be equal y integrated into society.
• We support research conducted in the interests of improving prevention, diagnostics, therapy and medical-social rehabilitation for our target groups.
• We take the requirements, capacities, values, and quality standards of our project partners into account. We maintain national and international standards and encourage self- responsibility.