Top

Disability Inclusion

Empowering people with disabilities and facilitating them to access services is the key strategy of the SDG (Sustainable Development Goal) with a vision for their individual, family and community development. 2011 National Census reported, in India about 26.81 million persons are living with some form of disabilities which is 2.21% of the total population comprising 56% male and 44% female. 69% of them are live in the rural areas while the remaining 31% resided in urban cities. Despite India’s Right of Persons With Disabilities Act 2016 “rights and quality’-of-life people with disabilities in India remains same for decades.

GLRA India implements Disability Inclusive Development projects on the basis of WHO CBR Matrix where “Empowerment at the Centre” supported by all other domains. Leaving no one behind is an integral part of inclusive development and people with disabilities are equally counted for all fundamental rights. Our project titled “Empowering Persons with Disabilities for Social Inclusion” across the states are driven with an objective that the Persons with Disabilities are empowered to increase their participation in the community level decision making. Formation of inclusive self-help groups and Disability People Organizations is the key priority in our actions, with an aim to empower their knowledge and self-esteem for addressing right based issues, advocate and demand for social changes, access to social welfare schemes, vocational trainings, income generation for a sustainable livelihood. Our projects in Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh and in Chennai providing a range of community based inclusive development actions by networking with other stakeholders and government departments.

Transforming Lives and Restoring Confidence.

undefinedundefined undefined undefined